I had the opportunity to try Talisker Storm at the Whisky in Leiden earlier this year. Before I had one drop of this golden liquid, I was “as good as” neutral about this Storm.
I was there with a friend of mine, and we tried this whisky together. Both very curious. Just before the nosing and tasting, there was one person at the whisky stand, who told us, that it was just fantastic, and that he never tried anything like this before. Nothing like the other whiskies in the Talisker range. Being neutral “as good as” we tried this Storm in our glasses … will it hold or will the storm go wilder and wilder.
- Name: Talisker Storm
- Country: Scotland, Isle of Skye
- Type: Single Malt
- Price per standard amount: € 45,-
This is a special edition of Talisker, released in early 2013. I’ve heard a lot about this whisky .. and I was expecting a true storm … to blow me away with a huge explosion.
- Color: Amber Gold.
- Nose: Salty notes, honey, woody, traces of citrus fruit, vanilla, reminded me of the sea, warm chocolate.
- Taste: Vanilla, toffifee (sticky candy) wood, citrus fruit, a small trace of bitterness (bitterkoekjes in dutch), salty on the tongue, sweetness, smoothness. An explosion of complexity.
- Finish: Warm, spicy and peaty.
I had ( in secret ) higher hopes .. The whisky is not bad, but I won’t buy a bottle for myself, but will drink it in good company and small amounts, maybe one day I’ll challenge it’s character and love the Talisker storm.
But for now this storm is for others to try and enjoy!
Suggestions: Add some water to make it smoother.
I give this whisky an 7,5 out of 10.
Powered by Facebook Comments