Thirty distillers and professional brand ambassadors will travel to Sarasota in March to serve over 200 whiskies from Scotland, England, Ireland, France, India, Australia, Japan, and the United States. Whiskey Obsession is one of the largest whisk(e)y festivals in Florida and will held March 27 and 28, 2014 at Michael’s on East in Sarasota, Florida.
The festival kicks off with the Panel of Whiskey Experts on Thursday, March 27, 2014 featuring eight distillers and ambassadors each presenting their favorite spirits. The panel occurs in Michael’s Wine Cellar and is limited to forty guests; the cost of this event is $45 per person.
The panelists include:
- David Blackmore; Ardbeg and Glenmorangie Master Brand Ambassador
- Gary Keimach; Gordon & MacPhail Senior Vice President
- David Laird; Balvenie and Glenfiddich Brand Ambassador
- Jimmy Russell; Russell’s Reserve and Wild Turkey Master Distiller
- Raj Sabharwal; Amrut and English Whisky Company Brand Ambassador
- James Wills; Kilchoman Brand Ambassador
- Al Young; Four Roses Brand Ambassador
- Louisa Young; Arran Senior Brand Manager
The grand tasting occurs on Friday, March 28, 2014 with VIP entrance at 6:30 pm and general admission at 7:30 pm. Last pour is at 10:30 pm followed by an after party at Made Restaurant in downtown Sarasota.
In our educational series, five seminar classes will occur during the Friday night grand tasting, allowing guests to participate in intimate discussions with these industry professionals:
The Glenmorangie Academy with David Blackmore, Master Brand Ambassador
Suntory: The Art of Japanese Whisky with Gardner Dunn, Brand Ambassador
Cigar and Whisky Pairing: Balvenie and Torano with David Laird, Brand Ambassador
Four Roses: 2 x 5 = Unlimited Possibilities with Al Young, Brand Ambassador
Smooth Ambler Spirits: Current and Emerging Whiskies with John Foster, Distiller
Complete event information can be found at WhiskeyObsessionFestival.com
Source: Whiskey Obsession LLC
Powered by Facebook Comments