As we gather to celebrate the longest day – midsummer, Independent bottler Wemyss Malts releases a gathering of nine new single cask whiskies ranging from 18 to 27 years old. As always the descriptive names of these whiskies are based on the flavours and aromas discovered by the Wemyss tasting panel.
The full single cask list of this release comprises of:
- “Arbor in Bloom” 1995 (20yo) single cask from Glen Grant Distillery, Speyside
- “Summer Breeze” 1995 (20yo) single cask from Linkwood Distillery, Speyside
- “Spiced Rum Baba” 1988 (27yo) single cask from Glenrothes Distillery, Speyside
- “Fields of Barley” 1990 (24yo) single cask from Bunnahabhain Distillery, Islay
- “Lemon Buttered Kippers” (18yo) single cask from Bunnahabhain Distillery, Islay
- “Briny Tangle” (25yo) single cask from Bowmore Distillery, Islay “Banquet of Fruits” (21yo) single cask from Aberfeldy Distillery, Highlands
- “Nuts about Pears” (24yo) single cask from Blair Athol Distillery, Highlands
- “Mocha Moment” (27yo) single cask single grain from Invergordon Distillery
William Wemyss, Founder and Managing Director at Wemyss Malts, commented: “As there are more hours of daylight today, we’ve released a larger batch of nine single casks to provide an opulent choice of drams to enjoy through the long evening light. From the topical “Summer Breeze” and “Fields of Barley” to “Arbor in Bloom” and “Banquet of Fruits”, all are ideal for joining in with the midsummer revelries.” Selected by the ever diligent Charlie Maclean each cask is limited to only a few hundred bottles with suggested retail prices ranging from £80 to £150. These bottlings will be available in selected retailers in the UK, EU and key Asian markets.
Powered by Facebook Comments