Independent bottler, Wemyss Malts, is thrilled to announce its first Single Cask release of 2016. Six casks have been selected to showcase the best of Speyside, Islay and The Highlands and, ranging in age from 13 to 25 years old. There are a number of highlights including cask strength “Coastal Confection” from Islay.
William Wemyss, Founder and Managing Director at Wemyss Malts, commented: “In this most recent release we have selected some fantastic whiskies which exemplify the quality of the casks we source for our single cask bottlings. They offer a unique snapshot of Scotland’s distilleries and I’m sure our customers will be delighted with the selection.”
The full cask list of this release comprises:
- Sizzling Charcoal” 1997 single cask from Bunnahabhain Distillery, Islay,
- Coastal Confection” 1996 single cask from Bowmore Distillery, Islay, Cask Strength
- The Highland Mariner 1997 single cask from Clynelish Distillery, Highlands
- Fallen Apples” 1989 singe cask from Glen Garioch Distillery, Highlands
- Barrista’s Dram” 2002 single cask from Craigellachie Distillery, Speyside
- Toasted Anise” 1996 single cask from Glenrothes Distillery, Speyside
Each cask has been selected and named by the Wemyss tasting panel, under the watchful eye of industry aficionado Charlie Maclean. There are only a few hundred bottles from each cask and the suggested retail prices range from £55 to £110. These bottlings will be available in selected retailers in the UK, EU and key Asian markets.
Source: Wemyss Malts
Powered by Facebook Comments