I am a huge fan of Irish Whiskey, so you can imagine I was looking forward to this online event, the online Walsh Whiskey tasting. Next to the whiskey, a folder was included in the parcel with all the information we needed for this evening.
Inclucing an introduction of the founders, Bernard and Rosemary Walsh, who established the Walsh Whiskey Distillery in 1999 in Royal Oak.
Two people with passion and dedication for what they cherish, Walsh Whiskey.
Located in the south-east of Ireland, on a 18th century estate in County Carlow, Royal oak is an idyllic setting for the production of Irish Whiskey of an exceptional quality and character. All together, this was a promise for this evening, for a fantastic online tweet tasting.
A nice fact is that Bernard and Rosemary handpicked this location. One look and they were sold and the next moment, they were producing Irish Whiskey.
New Make – Pot still (75.5%)
- Color: See through
- Nose: Sweet, tangerine, pineapple, black berries, red apples, smashed pears and tropical hints like coconut, banana and mango
- Taste: Fruity, mango, red apple, sultana, tangarine, citrus and creamy
- Finish: Tingling and warm
The Irish Man – Single Malt 12 yr (43%)
- Color: Deep gold
- Nose: Banana, vanilla, honey, red apple, cinnamon
- Taste: Lovely warm, spicy, creamy, milky, tropical and also a kind of sweetness in the back
- Finish: Sticky and warm
(Matured and aged exclusively in 1st fill Bourbon Casks)
Writers Tears – Copper Pot (40%)
- Color: Old gold
- Nose: Mint leafs, green apples, toffee, cold butter, cinnamon, honey, pear, marzipan
- Taste: Sticky, tingling, creamy, toffee, soft apples, sultana’s, dark chocolate and caramel
- Finish: Lovely and tingling
(Aged and matured in American Oak Bourbon Casks)
Writers Tears – Red Head (46%)
- Color: Summer gold
- Nose: Red fruit, strawberries, cherry, almonds, citrus, cinnamon, very fresh
- Taste: Strawberries, pepper, aniseed, peach, lavender, cinnamon, oranges, apples, mandarin, citrus, tropical and tingling.
- Finish: Lovely and sweet
(Matured in Olorosso Sherry Casks)
Thank you Steve from The Whisky Wire for being an excellent host.
Powered by Facebook Comments