The world is built on writers. Without writers, there wouldn’t be any story to read. Walsh Whiskey has two amazing writers, Writers’ Tears Red Head and Writers’ Tears Copper Pot expressions, next to the new and incredible limited The Irishman Founder’s Reserve Marsala Cask Finish and The Irishman Cask Strength 2017.
Including an introduction of the founders, Bernard and Rosemary Walsh, who established the Walsh Whiskey Distillery in 1999 in Royal Oak.
Located in the south-east of Ireland, on an 18th-century estate in County Carlow, Royal Oak is an idyllic setting for the production of Irish Whiskey of an exceptional quality and character. Altogether, this was a promise for this evening, for a fantastic online tweet tasting.
A nice fact is that Bernard and Rosemary handpicked this location. One look and they were sold and the next moment, they were producing Irish Whiskey.
“Two amazing people with passion and dedication for what they cherish, Walsh Whiskey”
Writers’ Tears Copper Pot – 40%
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: A basket full of red fruit, strawberries, cherry, almonds, citrus, cinnamon, green apples in a bowl of caramel and sweet pears
- Taste: Smashed strawberries, pepper, aniseed, peach, lavender, cinnamon, oranges, apples, mandarin, citrus, tropical, floral, grassy and very warm. A bit sticky and oily at the same time
- Finish: Lovely, warm, smooth and tingling
The Irishman Cask Strength 2017 – 54%
- Color: Sunny gold
- Nose: A lot of fruitiness, caramel, honey, warm, creamy, custard-pudding and also tropical, pineapple, raisins, mango, papaya and a complexity of lemon and lime
- Taste: Peach, pear, citrus, lime, apple, smashed pepper, cheese,
- Finish: Hot, dry and lingering
Writers’ Tears Red Head – 46%
- Color: Summer gold
- Nose: Soft on the nose, red fruit, peach, honey, sherry, sea breeze, peanuts, cinnamon, pepper, sage, lavender, hairspray (in a good way) and blueberries in fresh yoghurt covered with flower honey
- Taste: Lemon, grassy, pepper, aniseed, peach, lavender, cinnamon, oranges, apples, mandarin, citrus, red fruit, warm blueberries, and tingling, almonds and hints of crushed cloves and summer flowers
- Finish: Warm, fresh and medium
The Irishman Founder’s Reserve Florio Marsala Cask Finish – 46%
- Color: Deep gold
- Nose: The nose got hints of peach, apricot, the plum, floral notes, red berries, spicy, nougat and hints of cherry. Flashback to the summer period, ginger, hay, coriander, smoky and a complexity of sweetness and salt
- Taste: Sweet wine, spice, vanilla, hints of sherry, ginger, sticky, bubblegum, warm, citrus, lemon peel, flower honey, sweetness and salty on the lips
- Finish: Lovely warm and salty
If you like to see what others were thinking, just go to twitter (#WalshWhiskey) and read all about this enjoyable and colourful evening. And if you would like to read more, go the website of the Walsh Whiskey Distillery.
Thank you, Steve, from The Whisky Wire for being an excellent host.
Powered by Facebook Comments