I was privileged to be part of a fantastic Tomintoul Twitter Tasting. Two lovely whiskies, the 21yo and the 1981 Vintage Single Cask were waiting to be gently nosed and tasted!
- Color: Nice bright gold.
- Nose: Toffee, creamy substance, freshly cut grass, colorful wildflowers, very soft
- Taste: Creamy, a bit tingly, hints of toffee, very soft, sweet, creamy with traces of butterscotch.
- Finish: Medium, loving, gentle spicy finish
I added some water, but I’ll prefer this whisky without the water. Adding water makes it too soft for me! But never the less. . it’s one fantastic whisky!
The Tomintoul 1981 Vintage Single Cask
- Color: Bright gold
- Nose: Nice peppery, subtle yet complex, a hint of salty stones and chocolate
- Taste: Less spicy then on the nose, warm, nuts, tropical chocolate with coconut, licorice flavor
- Finish: Medium, nice, warm
After this tasting of both, very lovely whiskies, there was a small disagreement between my nose and my tongue. My nose says she loves the 21yo and my tongue is telling me that she loves the Vintage 1981.
After a nice and long sleep, my nose and tongue agreed! They agreed about the number 1 ( vintage 1981 ) and a close number 1 ( 21yo ). Not even thinking about the amount of bottles that were released from the vintage 1981 (psssst 196 bottles)
Powered by Facebook Comments