The Redbreast Whiskey is a pot-still Irish whiskey from the Irish Distillers in Dublin.
It’s a blend of old well aged whiskies, the youngest of this nest is the12 years old blend.
Redbreast is a beautifully balanced pure pot still Irish whiskey. This whiskey has a very nice, warm and generous texture. Not to forget rich, sweet kinds of flavors and a spicy kick. It feels like coming home, after a long, long walk in the hills, forest or on the beach.
I have read in an article, that Redbreast 12 yr is one of the best whiskey in the world. Lucky for me I was honored to be one of those, who could taste and smell RedBreast. Delicious.
- Name: RedBreast
- Country: Ireland
- Type: Pure Pot Still (Blend)
- Price per standard amount: € 34,95
- Colour: Full gold.
- Nose: An explosion of fruit, figs, dates, ripe banana, raisins, red apple and lime. Also tones of various spices, which combines nicely with the sweetness of vanilla and pine aromas.
- Taste: tones of dried fruit with a touch citrus fruit and aromatic oils and spices. Vanilla sweetness and tones of the oak and barley.
- Finish: A rich complexity of herbs and vegetables, which slowly fade byt ones of sweet butterscotch.
A small history lesson from a RedHead: The first official reference to the brand name ‘Redbreast’ appears in August 1912, when Gilbeys were selling “Redbreast” J.J. Liqueur Whiskey 12 Years Old, described as one of their “famous” brands.
The name ‘Redbreast’ itself refers to the bird, Robin Redbreast, and is attributed to the then Chairman of Gilbey’s, who was an avid bird-fancier.
Suggestions: Just Pure, with this whiskey. But if you like this one with ice? Just do, just pleasure your taste!
I give this whiskey an 9 out of 10.
Powered by Facebook Comments