It all started at the the Spirit of Speyside festival …
This is the place where I first tasted Tamdhu whisky. Lucky me, I could take some samples home with me, for more serious nosing and tasting.
I’m starting this Tamdhu Trip with the Tamdhu 10yr, a lovely Speyside Single Malt Whisky. Couldn’t stop looking at the bottle, just kept staring. A bottle with a very chic, gorgeous look and with just beautiful details. A bottle that takes your breath away for a few seconds, and going back in time. A retro and vintage look. Very nice.
Let’s start with the 1st of the whiskies I nosed and tasted at the Tamdhu Distillery and at home.
First stop: Tamdhu 10yr
- Color: Sunrise golden
- Nose: Chocolate filled with oranges, citrus, traces of caramel, toffee, and a small hint of honey
- Taste: Chocolate ( reminds me of the dutch Koetjesrepen ), hints of marzipan, raisins, oranges, vanilla. Small tingling on the tongue, very nice
- Finish: Medium smooth, feeling like summer
Note: Tamdhu I could love you!
Second stop: Tamdhu 10yr Limited Edition
This is a Limited whisky, only 1000 bottles available. Also one I’ve tasted during my stay at The Spirit of Speyside Whisky festival. All I can say is that I had the privilege to sit at the Tamdhu Table during the openingsdiner.
- Color: Mahogany golden
- Nose: Dried tropical fruit, wet leather, hints of citrus and the arome of cloves that has been in oranges for a few hours
- Taste: Vanilla, sherry oak, caramel, toffee, traces of sweetness, fresh fruit with a tiny smokey hint. Reminds me of an old bakery
- Finish: Lovely, medium and warm
The tamdhu 10yr Limited Edition is a perfect whisky to combine with chocolate mousse with some chopped caramel pieces.
Note: Tamdhu I should love you!
Third stop: Tamdhu Cask No 2218
- Color: Copper golden
- Nose: Reminds me of morning dew, wet leafs, wet leather, fresh peeled citrus, exotic hints like sliced pineapple, banana, chocolate
- Taste: Traces of caramel, banana, earl grey tea with a lot of sugar. Some Vanilla, hints of sweetness blended with some peat, fresh exotic fruit, marzipan. Definitely some flavor complexity
- Finish: Sweet, medium and wonderfully warm
Note: Tamdhu I’m falling in love with you!
I love you Tamdhu!
Powered by Facebook Comments