A refreshing evening with three refreshing and exiting looking samples from The Lakes Distillery. An evening with online friends, who all love to chat about liquid, while enjoying them.
An evening with men, women, laughter and serious faces. There was definitely a positive vibe.
The tasting notes:
The Lakes Distillery 15 Month Old – Bourbon Cask Matured Spirit (40%)
(Bottled exclusively for this tasting)
- Color: Pale
- Nose: Fresh, salty, green apple, nutty, cereal with fresh milk
- Taste: Lovely warm, sweet, hints of mango, peach, white chocolate, vanilla, fudge and green apples
- Finish: Lovely and warm
The spirit is the core a raw essence of what will be whisky, once it’s been fully aged in oak casks for a minimum of 3 yrs. The spirit was filled into a 1st fill ex Heaven Hill bourbon barrel in June 2015 The cask previously held 4 yr bourbon from the Bernheim Distillery in Louisville, Kentucky.
The ONE – British Blended Whisky – Tawny Port Finish (40%)
- Color: Lovely gold
- Nose: Nutty, smooth and sharp at the same time. Citrus, red fruit and hints of pears, warm pears and raspberries
- Taste: Soft, lingering, smoke, sticky, bubblegum, fresh citrus, strawberries
- Finish: Lovely and sticky
An additional cask varient of multi-award winning The ONE British Blended Whisky. Finished in casks used to season port for between 10 & 15 yrs, from Jose Y Miguel Martin in Huelva, South West Spain. The Tawny Port is made from grapes grown in the Cima Corgo area of the Douro. The grape varieties; Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinto, Tinta Barroca and Touriga Franca. The Tawny Port casks were filled with The ONE British Blend in March & were literally just bottled at the end of last week.
The Lakes Distillery Gin, Explorer Edition (47.1%)
- Color: Pale
- Nose: Chocolate, rosemary, oranges, lavender, hints of lemon, lime, wet grass, pineapple and a complexity of wild wet flowers
- Taste: Sweet, fresh, spicy, grapefruit, lavender, licorice,
- Finish: Lovely and tingling
Made with 15 botanicals, including Cumbrian juniper & six others which are native to the Lake District National Park. The botanicals are steeped overnight in English wheat spirit, along with pure Cumbrian water, sourced from River Derwent. The spirit is distilled slowly in small batches, in a traditional, handmade copper pot still.
No need, to add water. It is recommendable to pour the liquid straight from the bottle into the glass for optimal enjoyment. It was again, a fantastic evening and also a memorable one.
Powered by Facebook Comments