I was one of the Lucky ones, who was going to travel down the small brown envelopes road, leading to the content of the secret sample bottle from Glen Garioch.
The road of envelopes was hidden in a small box. 3 Little envelopes were not sitting on a fence, but they were waiting patiently to be opened. Every envelope contained a clue to the identity of their latest release.
At first I wanted to open all the envelopes at once to find out more about the Sneak-Peak Dram. But what is the fun in that? I’ve been so brave and strong, I opened all the envelopes on the marked days. I can tell you: it was worth the wait!
- Color: Lovely golden
- Nose: Spicy, Traces of a bag salty liquorice (salmiac), toffee, vanilla, a nice tingling on my tongue and there came the goosebumps, hints of caramel, coffee, nutmeg, small traces of maple syrup, chocolate and lemon balm.
- Taste: Very spicy, traces of an open bag of salty liquorice (salmiac), caramel, sultana’s, dried fruit, cinnamon sticks, mint, soft toffee mixed with chocolate and goosebumps.
- Finish: Deep, long and spicy
This whisky is:
- Bottled at Cask Strenght 56,3%.
- Non chill-filetered to retain the authentic Highland flavour.
- Small batch release from t Glen Garioch revered inventory, hand selected at the peak of perfection.
This whisky has at least one fan! Me! … I think that this road of envelopes and curiosity has led me to something amazingly, The Glen Garioch Vintage 1999. A rich and full-bodied Highland character whisky, from maturation in Oloroso Sherry Casks since 1999. There are not a lot of whiskies, that have accomplished to give me goosebumps …
Suggestions: Pure is the best!
I’m giving this one 8.5 out of 10.
Powered by Facebook Comments