I love birthdays, especially when there is whisky involved, next to cheesecake. The invitees, including me, were all looking forward to the evening of October 11 for there was a huge party online, given by That Boutique-y Whisky Company. They planned to celebrate their 5th birthday on this day, a milestone.
On this birthday bash, five special whiskies were all lined up to be nosed and tasted. All handpicked just for this occasion. Five amazing looking bottles, all with a matching card, finally opened to be enjoyed. What is a birthday without a good birthday dram?
“Don’t ever change! Stay as amazing as you are,
That Boutique-y Whisky Company”
The Tasting notes of the birthday whiskies:
Speyburn Single Malt – 7 yr old (49.5%) – Batch 1
- Color: Pale straw
- Nose: Custard, caramelized apples, pears, corn covered with brown sugar, lemon, lime, oak complexity, medicine and ammonia
- Taste: Oranges, mandarins, pears, hints of freshness, sweet corn and hints of different spices, plum. spicy, warm, fruity and creamy My tongue is keeping licking the inner cheek
- Finish: Lovely warm, delicious and lingering for a long time
Batch size: 233 bottles. (Nice fact, this Speyburn label is the 100th label of That Boutique-y Whisky Company!)
Irish Single Malt Whiskey – 14 yr old (48.6%) – Batch1
- Color: Gold
- Nose: Black fruit, cherries, coffee, toffee, tropical influences with coconut, sweet cactus fruits, apples covered with cinnamon and a complexity of sweetness
- Taste: Sweet dark fruit, sliced apples, warm toffee, dark chocolate and orange peel with a dept of drops of lemon and salt
- Finish: Long, lingering and toffee with sprinkled sugar on top.
Batch size: 357 bottles.
Blended Whisky – 23 yr old (48.2%) – Batch 1
- Color: Corn
- Nose: Salted caramel, marshmallows, burnt wood, crushed nuts, toffee apples, burned sugar, spicy influences, cinnamon, citrus and stewed fruit
- Taste: Sweet, warm caramel, spicy influences, apples covered with warm sugar and cinnamon, rolled into a pancake and pineapples
- Finish: Nice, warm and smooth
Batch size: 463 bottles.
Invergordon Single Grain – 43 yr old (48.2%) – Batch 11
- Color: Corn
- Nose: Coffee, toffee, tropical influences with coconut, sweet cactus fruits, apples covered with cinnamon and a complexity of sweetness. toffee, oak, fresh grass, salty very floral
- Taste: honey, black pepper, tropical, sweetness, red cherries, toffee, spicy influences, pepper but also floral notes
- Finish: Sweet lingering and warm
Batch size: 186 bottles.
Macallan Single Malt – 29 yr old (43.5%) – Batch 6
- Color: Amber
- Nose: Smashed peach, raspberry juice, sherry, tropical, vanilla, honey, banana, dragon-fruit, leather, sweet tomatoes and peeled mandarin and the smell of a bookstore with old books
- Taste: Fruity, ice coffee with hints of almonds, prunes, oranges, white chocolate sprinkles, berries, warm pudding and hard sweet candy
- Finish: Tickling, warm and oily
Batch size: 293 bottles.
Suggestions: No water needed. But you can, if you wish. And no grade either, you have to try these beauties yourself, and be amazed, one by one.
Curious? Find the entire conversation via #TBWCturns5 on Twitter.
If you wish to know more about That Boutique-y Whisky Company, visit their website and be inspired by their stunning whiskies and the graphic-novel-style labels they use. All of their labels are realized by the very talented artist, Emily Chappell, a Glasgow based illustrator. Love it!
Powered by Facebook Comments