The night of Wednesday the 4th of December, it was time for an online Teeling Tweet Tasting! Starting with the fact that all their bottlings are at 46% with no chill filtration, for it makes a better whiskey.
Teeling Single grain Irish whiskey (Wine Cask 46%)
- Color: Orange-gold
- Nose: Spicy and complex, vanilla, honey, cinnamon, plum, citrus, almond, summer fruit, coconut, white chocolate with cherries and salty liquorice.
- Taste: Lovely, sweet, creamy, spicy, smooth, cinnamon, chocolate, warm, berries, strawberries, mellow, lemon and citrus.
- Finish: Medium, warm
Suggestions: Not a drop, just perfect! A lovely whiskey, one you can smell all day!
Drink it with the number Desire of U2 youtu.be/z8rQ575DWD8
Teeling small batch Irish whiskey (Rum Cask 46%)
- Color: Light gold
- Nose: creamy, citrus, spicy, wet wood, raisins, dark chocolate., pepperish, wax, grassy notes, chalk
- Taste: sweet, candy, toffee, chocolate, raisins dipped in lemons, salty, oily and tingling, banana, pepperish, custard, pears, mango
- Finish: Medium, smooth and dry
Suggestions: one drop of water will do wonders to the aroma.
Drink it with the following number: Whiskey in a Jar by Thin Lizzy youtu.be/FmZmAZxuWu0
21 year old Single Malt Silver Reserve, (Sauternes Finish 46%)
- Color: Lovely bright gold
- Nose: Complex with grapes, fresh cut grass, apricots, citrus, pears, beeswax, and white chocolate, pineapple, salty, pepper, antique wax, red fruit, cherries, coconut,
- Taste: Nice smooth, hints of grape, vanilla, honey, salty, grass, apricots, red fruit and white chocolate, green apple.
- Finish: Medium smooth
Suggestions: 3 drops of water will make is smoother.
Listen to this during the nosing and tasting: Dirty Old Town by The Dubliners youtu.be/hx3ZSqDE9Jg
26 year Old Single Malt Gold Reserve (White Burgundy Finish 46%)
- Color: Star gold
- Nose: Sweet, cakemix, candy, milk chocolate, lemonade, citrus, green fruit like apples, honeymelon, kiwi, hints of brown sugar, tropical
- Taste: Sweet, tropical fruit, banana, coconut, chocolat, green apples, melted chocolate, brown sugar, rich andcreamy
- Finish: lovely mouthfeel, warm and long
Suggestions: pure is the best way to enjoy this beauty.
This will be limited to 1000 bottles and will come in at around €500 a bottle
Enjoy this beauty if you have a chance with this song:
Auld Triangle by Luke Kelly youtu.be/aa7birRBmNM
I had a fantastic time and what a lovely range of whiskies. I’ve got one favourite….. two actually, the 21 and the 26 yr old. My compliments to the makers and thank you for this amazing evening.
Powered by Facebook Comments