The Glenrothes, the distillery next to the cemetery.

Opposite the distillery is indeed the old cemetery of Rothes, a bit strange that is already and holds probably one or the other beautiful story. Its regular operation starts the distillery after the acquisition and the completion by the company William Grant & Co in the year 1879. It was after Glen Grant, the second distillery in Rothes.

After several conversions and extensions, the distillery now has ten still pots with a production volume of approximately 5,600,000 litres per year.

Continue reading