On November 1st, there was the 2nd MTWTA. Just like the first one, this was just as amazing. Not just for the participants, but also for me. Every time It’s thrilling!
It was a challenge to make a nice piece out of this second tasting.It was a lot of fun to make something special for everyone who was joining. Made with a lot of Whisky Love. Whisky Girl Love!
The first one in the range was the bottle with a little wooden bird on top.
1.The Wild Geese Limited Edition Fourth Centennial
- Name: The Wild Geese Limited Edition Fourth Centennial
- Type: Blended
- Country: Ireland
The nose is packed with lots of freshness and lots of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. The taste is full and wide and balanced, with a spicy, full beginning to the end that is fuller and more complex, with more malty sweetness and chocolate. The finish is very lengthy and complex. A real whiskey to quietly enjoy …A perfect whiskey for beginners. We all agreed!
- Color: Lovely golden
- Nose: Fudge and vanilla, a bit of Citrus and Freshness
- Taste: Lightly sweet with buttery vanilla, burnt grain and caramelised sugar.
- Finish: Lingering buttery vanilla with sweetness
2. Monkey Shoulder
The second one in the row of three. The one with a butterfly on top. This one wasn’t easy… some still don’t believe it was this whisky.
- Name: Monkey Shoulder
- Type: Blended Malt
- Country: Scotland
William Grant & Sons in 2005 has introduced a premium triple vatted malt: Monkey Shoulder. A marriage of single malt Kininvie of the singles from Glenfiddich and Balvenie distilleries. A blend of three of Speyside’s finest single malt whiskies The Monkey Shoulder is designed for whiskydrinkers who typically prefer a soft whisky.
But still.. the 1st one is a good one to start with.
- Colour: dark gold.
- Nose: Light and complicated, lovely vanilla, floral, malt, soft and light aromas of honey and orange vegetables.
- Taste: Soft and round, sweet, fresh malty aromas, vanilla, sugar, jam
- Finish: Long finish with oily maltiness, becoming sweeter flavors
3. Black Bull
The 3rd whisky in the row, is one that makes you want to cuddle the one sitting next to you. A black beast that everyone would love.
- Name: Black Bull
- Type: Blend
- Country Scotland
This very special blend is a lovely and stabilized marriage of the finest 12 year old single malt and single grain whiskies distilled in Scotland.
This robust looking whisky is a nice one to drink with small sips. This whisky has a good mix of malt and grain. Lots of vanilla and chocolate with a new finish. This is my favorite of these three whiskies. Could be the looks in it’s eyes, that say.. you just have to love me! If you see this Black Bull, take him by his horns and drag him home with you. I promise you, this bull will not disappoint you.
This whisky came with an owl.. and this owl, stands for wisdom.
- Colour: Full amber
- Nose: intense, robust flavors of cereals, chocolate, toffee, sherry, vanilla and lemon icecream.
- Taste: soft, round and slightly sweet with aromas of chocolate, syrup toffee, pears, green apples and lots of sweet vanilla.
- Finish: fuller tones of fruit and lots of creamy aromas of toffee.
Powered by Facebook Comments