Yes, we had the first MTWTA. And it was a succes. I’m very pleased with te result. The excitement of everyone who was in this adventure with me
Nikka All Malt
The first one in the range was the bottle with the red sticker on top!.. this was a hint.
- Name: Nikka All Malt
- Type: Blended
- Country: Japan
This japanese whisky was a small surprise for me, but when I had the first sip, it was very nice and very surprising… It was very interesting to read what the participants thoughts were about this Japanese one.
It was a lot of fun! Scotland was the area were the minds were going… Speyside someone was thinking. Hard one!
- Color: Dark Amber
- Nose: Full of honey, toffee, marshmallows, suger, sweets, vanilla, coconut, acetone in the background…
- Taste: Honey, raisins, ripe banana, less apple, Caramel
- Finish: Fruity, with a oily but short finish with notes of coconut and wood.
2. Belgian Owl 3yr
- Name: Belgian Owl
- Type: Single Malt
- Country: Belgium
A young Belgium whisky with a great future. I wonder how this one will be like within a few years. This one was a challenge. The nosing and tasting was interesting. It was young, fresh, grassy, new make aroma’s, a sign of mint, pine needles
- Color: Pale Gold
- Nose:A little sweet, with bright flowers, citrus and maltiness. , Coffee, marzipan, apple, pear and a hint of carbon
- Taste: Sharp, sweet and tingling! fruit, marzipan, raisin, many spices and some white flowers.
- Finish: flowery and sappy fruits and almond. Tasty and young
3. Mackmyra first edition
- Name: Mackmyra first Edition
- Type: Single Malt
- Country: Sweden
This looks to be a soft whisky, very young. A very interesting product from Scandinavia.
- Color: Pale sunny Gold
- Nose: Scent of cereal, lovely flowers, pear syrup, vanilla-pudding and some mint
- Taste: A bit of honey some-vanilla still-syrupy very-light
- Finish: Spicy, fruits and elegant flavor
This was great, and I’d like to thank everyone who made this first tasting possible. If you’d like to join a tasting like this one.. but different? You can sign up for the 2nd one here: MTWTA_2
Powered by Facebook Comments