What could be a better way to spend a Wednesday evening, the break of the week with a lot of laughter and sharing experiences.
Exactly, there isn’t.
Benromach 10 yr – 43%
- Color: Sunset gold
- Nose: Lovely, sweet, but also hints of red peppers, anise, marzipan, warm red fruit soaked in hot brown sugar ready for a cooling down, ripe sliced pineapple, mango, woody complexity, mint and also hints of courgette, vinegar and Pomegranates
- Taste: Fresh apples. hints of quick spices, it’s there but gone in seconds. Oily, bubble gum, mango, hints of apple vinegar, burned brown sugar, plum, wet wood with saltiness, creamy, toffee with a soft bite, sweet honey and a hint of ginger a
- Finish: Smooth, oily and sweet on the lips
Benromach 10 Years Old: Produced using a combination of 80% Bourbon barrels and 20% Sherry hogsheads. Final year spent in first fill Oloroso casks
Benromach 100° Proof – 57%
- Color: Soft gold
- Nose: White chocolate, cherries, raspberry, citrus, lemon, mandarin, sultana’s, red apples, peaches, fresh mint leafs, basil, stewed pears with cinnamon and pencil shaving soft plum, peaches and hints of smashed nuts on a salty stone
- Taste: Very hot, red peppers are attacking my taste buds. There is a bath of red fruit, white chocolate, whip cream, forest fruit, plum bonbons, almonds, sticky, hints of fresh coffee with sprinkled cinnamon and a lot of smoothness
- Finish: Lovely smooth and soft after a spicy start.
100° Proof, is named after the old Imperial measure which followed a tradition established when skeptical sailors, who wanted to ensure their rum rations had not been watered down, mixed spirit with gunpowder. If the mixture ignited, its strength was “provehttp://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20190130-how-to-plan-your-day-to-get-the-best-out-of-your-braind”.
Benromach 15 yr – 43%
- Color: Amber gold
- Nose: Ginger, mint-leafs, sherry, smashed red fruit, vanilla, citrus-fruit mixed with caramel, sultana’s, brown sugar, honey melon, anise, burned wood and almonds plus pistachio, cinnamon mixed with honey and cherry-chocolate.
- Taste: Cinnamon cake filled with soft oranges, plums, hints of herbal, warm ginger, dark chocolate, pistachio, hints of tobacco leafs, complexity of an oil slide, stewed apples, vanilla, sweet honey and a complexity of figs
- Finish: Oily, smooth and a sweet touch
15 Years Old is matured with both bourbon barrels and sherry casks, with the sherry being the more dominant part.
Curious about other amazing online tastings? Visit The Whisky Wire for more information and sign up. And if you wish to read more about this tasting, visit Twitter and find the tweets of other participants who joined this stunning tasting.
Powered by Facebook Comments