Mount Gay Rum is the oldest brand in the world. This brand dates from the year 1703 and is produced by Mount Gay Distilleries Ltd. in Barbados. This brand is characterized by its own unique character and is sold in 110 countries.
You can imagine I was excited about this range, that I was going to drink.
Rum has stole a piece of my heart and will living there for a long time. The nosing and the tasting was one great adventure, what will be discovered, will it be define or will it be disappointing. Either way, the party for the taste buds begin.
The Mount Gay Tasting notes:
1. Copper Column
- Color: Deep copper
- Nose: Wood, coffee, floral, sweet,cereal and hints of warm red wine
- Taste: Tropical, coffee, light licorice, cloves and warm sugar with hints of sugar
- Finish: Sweet and warm
2. Copper Pot
- Color: Deep warm copper
- Nose: Hints of apricots, citrus, grapefruit, tropical, wood, citrus, mango, coconuts and chopped almonds covered with chocolate
- Taste: Warm chocolate, peach, citrus, coconuts
- Finish: Lovely warm
3. Black Barrel
- Color: Burnished
- Nose: Citrus,complexity of different kind of of spices, red apple, caramel, hints of sweetness
- Taste: Caramel, vanilla, walnuts, tropical and hints of fresh, warm and sweet fruit.
Finish: Warm and well balanced
4. Cask Strength XO
- Color: Russetmuscat
- Nose: Sweet banana, almonds, vanilla, kitchenspices, nutmuscat
- Taste: Banana, vanilla, sweet, complexity of pepper and tropics
- Finish: Well balanced
Powered by Facebook Comments