The distillery has been the official spirit of the Open since 2018, this makes the Loch Lomond Group with the Loch Lomond Distillery an official partner of this prestigious golf tournament. They have created an amazing range of limited edition whisky that can’t be missed by any whisky enthusiast.
The Tasting Notes:
Loch Lomond The Open Course Royal Portrush 19 yr – 50,3%
- Color: Pale gold
- Nose: Honey, vanilla, green apples combined with red berries, blue berries, tropical influences like, banana, mango, papaya and a wee hint of salt and ripe peach. Very tropical
- Taste: Honey, squeezed pineapples, honey sukle, lavender, blackberry jelly, sweet sugar chocolate cake, mixed with walnuts, banana, papaya and mango
- Finish: Lovely warm, tropical and complex
Matured in American ex-bourbon oak casks, before being finished for 6 months in Claret red wine oak casks. The American oak Bourbon barrels are manufactured in their own Loch Lomond cooperage.
Loch Lomond Colin Montgomerie 25 yr, Triple Wood Matured – 46,3%
- Color: Lovely gold
- Nose: Very fruity, pear, peach candy, lavender, honey, vanilla, a hint of anis, cloves and a boom of cinnamon
- Taste: Lovely sweet, a bowl full of fruit like peach, pears, green apples, winter feeling, cloves, dark chocolate, toffee, cinnamon, honey, fresh vanilla, hints of red fruit
- Finish: Nice and warm
Matured in three different types of cask – refill American oak casks, first-fill Limousin oak casks and oloroso sherry casks. Just 500 bottles were released worldwide.
Loch Lomond Cristie Kerr 2002 Vintage – 48.1%
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Green apple, floral honey, lime, raspberries, strawberries combined with banana, kiwi and a hint of coconut, plus smoke, oranges, lavender and sweetness in one package
- Taste: Sweet, caramel malty, honey, apples, oranges, lime, creamy, warm custard pudding with a layer of brown sugar, raisins, tropical rain, orange chocolate with sprinkles of dried strawberries
- Finish: Soft and lingering
The release is limited to 4,000 bottles and finished in the Kerr Cellars’ 2016 Calera Close Pinot Noir French Oak red wine casks.
Loch Lomond Open Special Edition Distillers Cut – 46%
- Color: Lovely Gold
- Nose: Sweet, very fruity with hints of red apples, dragon fruit, papaya, vanilla, sweet pears, Bubblegum, mandarin, toast with raisins, hints of oranges, lime, butterscotch and a smoky edge
- Taste: Red sweet fruit, raspberries, blue berries, tropical influences with papaya, floral honey, raisins, apples soaked in pear juice, caramel, butterscotch, a peaty touch
- Finish: Sweet with a smoky edge
The limited edition 2019 Open Special Edition was specially bottled to celebrate the distillery’s partnership with the golf championship, The Open 2019. This single malt was created by master blender Michael Henry, and has been aged in three types of American oak cask before bottling.
Powered by Facebook Comments