Rum, another adventure, a new challenge. Curious as I am, I looked up the meaning of the name La Hechicera. This is Spanish for ‘enchantress’ and pronounced as ‘etch-ee-seh-rah’. Try that a few times before and after a couple of glasses filled with rum when the magic kicks in.
Using the solera method of ageing in American white oak barrels, La Hechicera is a wonderful blend of mature rums between 12 and 21 years.
This captures the character, exuberance and diversity of Columbia.
The promise is simple: From the barrel to the bottle; nothing in between.
La Hechicera Neutro – 96%
- Color: Bright
- Nose: Sweet, fruity, strong, toffee, pepper, also hints of saltyness and a complexity of ripe bananas
- Taste: Warm, spicy, smooth, strong, pepper, toffee, warm chocolate, pears, brown sugar and banana covered with caramel and walnuts
- Finish: Smooth and warm
La Hechicera Tafia – 93%
- Color: Bright
- Nose: Werther’s Original, toffee, caramel, hints of pepper, prunes, apricots and butter
- Taste: Warm, fruity, smooth, creamy, hints of creme brûlée, caramel, chocolate, buttery and mellow
- Finish: Nice warm and very creamy
La Hechicera 3 Años – 66%
- Color: Sweet Amber
- Nose: Cream. strong, vanilla, oak, warm toffee, custard pudding and a complexity of cacao and fresh coffee.
- Taste: White pepper, creamy, warm vanilla, white chocolate, smooth and lingering spices
- Finish: Lovely and creamy
La Hechicera 6 Años – 66%
- Color: Amber
- Nose: Fresh, antique wax, spicy influences, nutmeg, cinnamon, salty hints and a sweet balance of salted caramel.
- Taste: Spicy, salty, maple sirop, ginger, orangepeel, cinnamon and sweetness
- Finish: Long and lingering
La Hechicera 12 Años – 50%
- Color: Dark amber
- Nose: Soft, toffee, brown sugar, vanilla, peach, caramelstick,
- Taste:Warm toffee, salty and peper complexity, hints of caramel apple, peach, raisins, cinnamon and creamyness
- Finish: Long and a toffee mouthfeel
La Hechicera Fine Aged Rum from Colombia – 40%
- Color: Dark Amber
- Nose: Orangpeel, toffee, banana, hints of mint, plums, chocolate, cold coffee and delicate hints of spices and citrus
- Taste: Toffee, oranges, mandarins, lemon peel, chocolate, complexity of sweetness with pear and peach
- Finish:Sweet and fresh
Powered by Facebook Comments