The tasting was the 22nd of April. From a distance I followed the fellow nippers
And not much later I have written my own findings.
1. The Arran Malt, finished in a Sauternes Cask (50%)
- Color: Sweet golden
- Nose: Honey, raisins, peach, lemon, tropical fruits like banana, coconut and pineapple
- Taste: Sweet, but strong. Hints of tropical influences, orange and honey mixed in a blender
- Finish: Lovely medium
2. The Arran Malt, 18 yr old, Limited Edition (46%)
- Color: Lovely sunny
- Nose: Sherry, almonds, spicy and hints of honey and strangely enough mint?
- Taste: Very tingling, almonds again, smashed with honey in pure yoghurt. Tropical hints, like banana, salty and spicy
- Finish: Sweet medium with a spicy touch
3. The Arran Malt, UK Exclusive Premium Single Bourbon Cask
(Cask 99 / 103 – 13 yr – 55,3%)
- Color: Light golden
- Nose: Soft, sweet, complexity of tropical fruit, peach, sweet apple, kiwi and caramel
- Taste: Caramel again, but mixed with banana and stroopwafel.
- Finish: Lovely sweet finish
4. The Arran Malt, 1st White Stag Bottling (52,3%)
- Color: Amber bold
- Nose: Very spicy, summerish, fruitiness, apricot and ripe apple flowers and for some reason a flash back to the 80’s
- Taste: Spicy, pepperish, fruitiness in combination with honey and very tingly and sharp
- Finish :Lovely medium with a sharp bite
These 4 are just fabulous Arrans. I’ve got one favorite,
and that is the White Stag Bottling.
Arran Whisky has got a fantastic range of whisky and I was honored that I was chosen to try this quartet!
I’d like to try all the whiskies with a drop of water, to see what will happen. For some reason I didn’t find it necessary. I loved all the whiskies like they are. But the White stag had something the others don’t have. The flashback. Sounds stupid, but I had a flashback to the 80’s. Strange really, I was just a kid, but the nose brought me back.
Not back in school, but it brought me back to a vacation when I was around 8 years old. To a place in France, surrounded by ruins. That’s it. Can’t say what it has to do with this whisky though! I was way too young to drink back then.
Told you it was strange!
Powered by Facebook Comments