It’a friday night and the date is the 7th of February. A perfect night for a lovely and secret tasting. A range of Highland Park is on the menu. For a lot of day’s, hours and minutes, I’m reading about the participants, about they are so excited about this evening. But they are not alone, I’m joining.
We all received a hand written letter with 3 lovely sample bottles, each with different dots on the caps and looking promising: Blue, Red and Green. Curious about everyone of them. Secretly hoped Freya would be one of them.
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Glue, citrus, pepperish, caramel, leafs, strong grassy and complex spices.
- Taste: Lovely, grapefruit, white chocolade surrounded with caramel, honey, pepper and salty
- Finish, Long nice, warm and a bit sticky
“Bottle No 1 (blue): Thor – 16yr – 52.1% ABV – 23,000 Bottles – Launched in January 2012”
- Color: Salty gold
- Nose: Caramelish, pepperish, pineapple, honey, green apple, mandarin, berries, salty smoky, stewed pears.
- Taste: Lovely, salty, pepperish, apple, mandarin, butter melted with sugar and a squeeze of lemon
- Finish: Honey warm finish with a hint of sticky sirop
“Bottle No 2 (red): Loki – 15yr – 48.7% ABV – 21,000 Bottles – Launched in March 2013”
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Fresh, apples, red and green chopped and sprinkled with melon, spring flowers, fresh cut lemon, custard, sultana’s, sharp and poffertjes ( little pancakes )
- Taste: soft, creamy, oily, warm, smashed apples, coconut, cereal mix with banana, sweet, sugar, oatmeal and fresh spring flowers
- Finish: Medium warm and oily
“Bottle No 3 (green): Freya – 15yr – 51.2% ABV – 19,000 Bottles – Launched February 2014”
I was honored being asked to join this secret tasting. It was just fabulous and like to thank everyone who made this possible. Thank you Highland Park, Global Brand Advocate @DarylHaldane, and Steve from The Whisky Wire for a great start of the weekend.
A weekend that starts with “The battle between Thor, Loki and Freya, The Norse Gods”
Powered by Facebook Comments