Highland Park bares it’s Viking soul with stunning new collection, developed exclusively for the global marketing. This new adventurous collection draws inspiration from animals that held iconic status for the Vikings. Highland Park’s island home of Orkney, off the far north coast of Scotland, belonged to a vast Viking kingdom for over 600 years and this influence continues with the whisky being made by modern day descendants of Vikings, the new heroes.
An evening with courage, excitement, laughter, whisky and friends, all the ingredients for an unforgettable evening.
The tasting notes of the collection, exclusively developed for travel retail.
Spirit of the Bear – 40%
- Color: Pale gold
- Nose: Fresh, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut juice, salty, sweet peppers, basil and also tropical influences even more, banana, pineapple, dragon-fruit, soft warm butter that is cooling down, shortbread, honey, ginger and also hints of citrus
- Taste: Soft, no heat, banana, hints of wood, salty with a slightly feel of bitterness, liquorice, a bit dry, and again with coconuts, raisins, honey, caramel. A very pleasant mouth-feel, didn’t expect that!
- Finish: Sweet, soft and lingering
Matured primarily in sherry-seasoned American oak casks.
Loyalty of the Wolf – 14yr – 42,3%
- Color: Light gold
- Nose: Spicy, sweetness. Honey, raisins, pepper, red fruit, raspberries, basil, peach pie, pears, dark chocolate that is covering plums and also hints of marzipan and squeezed lemon, mandarin, fresh mint leafs
- Taste: Red apples, prunes, sweet, saltiness, black pepper, smoky, sherry, strawberries, ripe banana, dark chocolate, warm toffee, lavender in the back and a touch of lemon pie
- Finish: Spicy and very tingling on the tongue
Matured in a combination of sherry-seasoned American oak casks and ex-bourbon casks.
Wings of the Eagle – 16yr – 44,5%
- Color: Sunny gold
- Nose: Rich, lemon, lime, grapefruit, nutmeg, salty edges, warm toffee, pure chocolate, sunflower seeds, roasted nuts, peach, leather, tobacco leafs
- Taste: Red fruit, sherry, strawberries, raspberries, black currant, tobacco, leather, green apples, dark chocolate, cinnamon, toffee, spicy, marzipan, toast and red wine
- Finish: Dry, but lingering nicely
Matured in both sherry-seasoned European and American oak casks.
Viking pride edition – 18yr – 46%
- Color: Amber gold
- Nose: Very sweet, dark fruit, floral, sweetness, raisins, soft, kitchen herbs, spring-flowers, sea-breeze, lavender, basil, oregano, honeysuckle
- Taste: Rich, fresh, toffee, red fruit, peach, strawberries, dark fruit, complexity of custard pudding that is still warm and waiting for the fruit to come in
- Finish: A very nice mouth feel and a lot to discover
Matured primarily in sherry-seasoned European oak casks.
I had some thoughts about,what whisky that attracted me the most. And I have to admit, that it was hard, very hard. As you might know, I always leave a small amount of whisky in the bottle for the next day. And after again, some nosing and a nip, I could pick my favorite. The whisky that has overcome my heart with its character is Viking pride edition, just a wee bit more than the other whiskies.
Curious about other amazing online tastings? Visit The Whisky Wire for more information and sign up. And if you wish to read more about this tasting, visit Twitter and find the tweets of other participants.
Powered by Facebook Comments