First thought, there goes my Rum virginity. Do I regret this? No, not at all. It was an amazing adventure!
While listening to “Buena Vista Social Club“ and thinking of cuban cigars, I was ready. Havana Club takes you to beautiful Cuba. Their rum is one of the best-
The tasting was a lot of fun, people from everywhere were participating this evening. Google translate was very useful next to Tweetdeck!
Havana Club Selección de Maestros
- Color: Nice and warm
- Nose: tropical fruit is appearing. banana, pineapple, Mandarin, citrus, maple syrup
- Taste: Salty, caramel, chocolate, maple syrup stickiness and a lot of hopping hints of tropical fruit.
- Finish: Nice and medium warm
Havana Club Añejo 15 Años
- Color: Lovely deep
- Nose: Apple, honey, caramel, tobacco, rich on the nose, red fruit
- Taste: Sweet mix of caramel, vanilla, apples, hints of different red fruit and citrus
- Finish: Fabulous medium
Havana Club Unión
- Color: Sweet red
- Nose: Pepper, mango, coconut, pineapple leafs,
- Taste: Dried fruit, soft, very very summerish! Chocolate, the purest! With yoghurt
- Finish: Lovely medium and warm
Havana Club Máximo Extra Añenjo
- Color: Dark Red
- Nose: Red and dark fruit. complex with salt, dried fruit, pineapple, pepperish, coffee, sticky toffee and strong basil.
- Taste: Cacao, creamy, salty, dark chocolate with drops of vanilla ice and a complexity of fruitiness
- Finish: Medium and spicy
Don’t mix the rum, any rum listed above with water, not even a drop. Drink it, just like it comes from the bottle, pure.
Thank you Meimi and Peter for having me this evening. Before this I never ever had a drop of rum in my life. After this night, rum is next to whisky and beer on my “love these drinks” list!
When you like to know more about Havana Club, their website is just one click away!
Powered by Facebook Comments