Glengoyne distillery uses warm air to dry its barley, in addition, it is the slowest distillery in Scotland. And we all got our share during the online whisky tasting, that was held on World Whisky Day, May 19.
“I sleep easy at night knowing we are crafting world-class whisky by using the same methods as our predecessors.”
The tastingnotes, you all were waiting for:
Glengoyne 10 yr – 40%
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Apples, sweet pie, peach, toffee, fresh cut grass and also hints of cereals fresh from the package, cinnamon, sultana’s, nutmeg and warm brown sugar
- Taste: fresh, sweet and also a bit of bitterness, plum, chocolate, honey, ginger, brown sugar, salty moves, peaches, cinnamon, green apples and peppery.
- Finish: Warm, tingling, all the way back
Glengoyne 10 Years Cask Recipe: 15% 1st Fill European Oak Sherry – 15% 1st Fill American Oak Sherry – 70% Hand-selected Oak Refill casks.
Glengoyne 12 yr – 43%
- Color: Lovely gpld
- Nose: Tropical, coconuts, vanilla, apple garden with wet flowers, saltiness, warm, caramel, brown sugar and hints of mint covered with dark chocolate dipped in earl grey tea and grapefruit
- Taste: Spicy, honey, mango, tropical hints are still there, slowly its getting sweeter and there are the coconuts, banana’s, pineapple, sultana’s, hints of sherry and the shortbread
- Finish: Lovely, warm and sticky
Glengoyne 12 Years Cask Recipe: 20% 1st Fill European Oak Sherry 20% – 1st Fill American Oak Bourbon – 60% Hand-selected quality Oak Refill casks
Glengoyne 18 yr – 43%
- Color: Sunny gold
- Nose: Marzipan, warm brown sugar, honey, toffee, red apples that are covered with yoghurt and dark chocolate chips, peppers, hints of cinnamon, plums and splashed pears and peaches
- Taste: Sweet, light, honey, cinnamon, toffee, raisins, plums, mandarin, chocolate mints, peppers, salty, sweet raisins and a complexity of silky smoothness.
- Finish: Sweet, silky and smooth
Glengoyne 18 Years Cask Recipe: 35% 1st Fill European Oak Sherry – 15% 1st Fill American Oak Sherry – 50% Hand-selected quality Oak Refill casks
Glengoyne ? – 59.8% ( Cask Strength Batch 6)
- Color: Sunshine gold
- Nose: Spicy, cinnamon, red fruit, citrus, lime, lemon, raisins covered with honey, warm toffee, papaya, oranges, sherry, strawberries, rum soaked raisins and raspberries all the way back
- Taste: Hot pepper, salt, red fruit, strawberries, oranges, raisins, tropical influences, coconuts, mint, cinnamon, mint, nutmeg, custard, lemon zest, toffee, caramel, ripe banana, bread pudding, dark chocolate, brown sugar and hints of fresh toast in the morning
- Finish: Warm, long and lovely
Launched May 18, the @ Cask Strength Batch 6, has been matured in a combination of first fill European oak sherry casks, American oak sherry butts and refill sherry butts.
Powered by Facebook Comments