The GlenAllachie Distillery, located in Aberlour, Scotland. A distillery with a fabulous core range. A ranch everyone was excited about the last couple of weeks and still are for those who are still dreaming about their very first GlenAllachie nip. Dreams must come true, to make more space for new dreams or should I say; Drams.
There is a lot of love in this whisky …
GlenAllachie 10 yr, Cask Strength Batch 1 (57.1%)
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Warm, honey, lavender, papaya, warm green apples with sweet sugar, cinnamon, caramel, citrus and small hints of cactus fruit
- Taste: Spicy, warm, honey, grapefruit, bubblegum, green apples, sultana’s, stickiness, citrus and a mix of warm tropical influences and a touch of salt
- Finish: Warm, long, pleasant and hanging in there.
GlenAllachie 12 yr (46%)
- Color: Smooth gold
- Nose: Robust, strong, peat, hints of smashed pineapples, mandarin, avocado, complexity of citrus, a bit of black pepper, blue berries and a complexity of oranges and grapefruit
- Taste: Warm, peach, prunes, peated hints, citrus, warm smooth honey that is covering a bowl of tropical fruit and homemade cake with a sweet touch
- Finish: Sticky, warm lingering and spicy on the tongue
GlenAllachie 18 yr (46%)
- Color: Sunny gold
- Nose: Sweet, apple cider vinegar, pears, plums, oranges, papaya, cherry blossom, citrus, camille, soft candy warmed up by the sun
- Taste: Fresh, hints of pepper, mint, citrus, oily bite, hints of citrus, grapefruit, bitterness, creamy, oily, pears, lemon, lime and a complexity of red fruit with a layer of white chocolate
- Finish: Sweet, lingering and soft
GlenAllachie 25 yr (48%)
- Color: Lovely gold
- Nose: Antique wax, oranges, banana, ripe prunes, walnuts, shortbread, papaya, hints of citrus and a complexity and richness of red fruit, like strawberries, raspberries
- Taste: Dark chocolate, warm oily influences, spicy, lingering, warm cereals with a layer of green apples, pears, influences of lavender, red fruit, sweet, oily and warm prunes
- Finish: Sweet and dominant
All stunning whiskies to built your own elegant evening with. My favorite is the GlenAllachie 18 yr, because of the lingering effect in the mouth, pure and with an elegant soul.
Powered by Facebook Comments