This evening I was teaming up again with other whisky enthusiasts to share, sip and savour a gaggle of the glorious whisky of Glen Moray. An evening with a lot of laughter and discoveries. You can read all about these discoveries on Twitter by using the following link #GlenMoray.
Glen Moray, you say? Glen Moray Single Malt is a Speyside single malt whiskey produced in the Glen Moray Glenlivet Distillery in Elgin, Moray, Scotland.
Glen Moray uses locally sourced malted barley & its water is sourced from the River Lossie.
1. Classic Sherry Cask Finish (40%)
- Color: Sunny golden
- Nose: Peach, orange, white chocolate, raisins, toffee, smooth for the nose. Hints of ginger cookies with vanilla cream, mango and tea leafs
- Taste: Peach, pears, orang, warm toffee, ginger, honey, vanilla and dry tea with a breeze, dark chocolate with drops of white chocolate
- Finish: Lovely, tingling and warm
2. Classic Peated Cask (40%)
- Color: Light golden
- Nose: Lovely vanilla, squeezed lemon a complexity of fresh plucked flowers with water drops, also hints of lavender, peat and pepper
- Taste: Fresh, cinnamon, honey, creamy, vanilla, nutmeg, hints of flowers with a complexity of lavender and liquorice
- Finish: Soft and full-bodied
3. 15 Year Old (40%)
- Color: Amber golden
- Nose: Raisins, sweet candy, mandarin, strawberry, smells like putting your nose in a bowl of Jellybeans, A complexity of fruitiness and fresh flowers
- Taste: Peach, dark chocolate, tobacco, cigars, buttery smooth, a lovely treat for the tongue and more
- Finish: Lovely, smooth and warm
4. 1994 Sherry Cask Finish expressions (56,7%)
- Color: Dark golden
- Nose: Bourbon, cinnamon and brown sugar covering peach, red fruit, banana, pineapple, mango, sherry, coconut, antique wax, tobacco and very fresh citrus
- Taste: Warm, mango, red fruit, berries, freshness, sugar, warm chocolate, vanilla, tobacco, raisins, fruity and a complexity of exotic fruit
- Finish: Long, creamy and warm
5. The mystery dram – 2006 Cider Cask Finish: (58.6%)
- Color: Sweet golden
- Nose: Fresh, young, spicy and a lot of citrus, floral, the melon and the pineapples
- Taste: Spicy, floral, smashed lemon, fruity, Lavender, hints of wine, bourbon, peach, green apples and fresh orangejuice
- Finish: Lovely warm and lingering
Glen Moray is an underrated whisky, that is so much more., this whisky gives you so much pleasure.
Powered by Facebook Comments