Dublin is the capital of Ireland in the province of Leinster. Brewing beer in Ireland goes far back in history. And the coffee (for what I’ve heard) is just astonishing and not to compare anywhere else, this made me curious about the Limited Edition of these series.
Whiskey, beer and coffee. When thinking about the combination, it can give you a mind blowing effect. But after a glass or two it takes your breath away and it might give you the WOW effect.
I enjoyed this evening filled with laughter and 3 fantastic drams. However, I couldn’t discover any coffee notes in the O’Hara Stout Cast, that is a shame. The coffee notes could be found in the other two though. You have to get used to the labels, but the content is just fab! A soul that hits you!
The Dubliner Beer Cask 5 Lamps Real Ale Cask – 40 %
- Color: Medium gold
- Nose: Summer fruits, lots of fresh grapes, green apples, vanilla, but also hot pepper, red fruit overload, strawberries, fresh coffee beans raspberries, apricots covered with a juice lemon and hubba bubba bubblegum
- Taste: Warm, sweet, a bit oily,. It also the red fruit. Again strawberries, raspberries, lemon, vanilla, sweet honey, brown sugar, cranberries and some bitterness too
- Finish: Lovely, sticky and creamy
A collaboration with 5 Lamps Brewery led to a punchy 3 year old blend, matured in bourbon casks bourbon casks, which were sent to Five Lamps Brewery and filled with beer and rested for around 3 months.
Limited to 750 bottles
The Dubliner Beer Cask O’Hara’s Stout Cask – 40 %
- Color: Sweet gold
- Nose: Pineapples, banana, dates, papaya, creamy, vanilla, honey, white chocolate filled with almonds, caramel and apricots
- Taste: Very tropical, lots of prunes, ripe banana, cherries, fresh pineapples, caramel, creamy and an explosion of peppers that melts away
- Finish: Very gentle and sweet
Bourbon casks, which were sent to O’Hara’s Brewery and filled with beer and rested for around 3 months. The casks were then emptied and the whiskey cask matured beer was bottled. 3 yr Dubliner Whiskey was then filled into the cask and left to mature for 3 months.
Limited to 7700 bottles
The Dubliner Beer Cask Rascals Coffee Stout Cask – 40 %
- Color: Lovely gold
- Nose: Citrus fruits, mandarin, apple pie, lemons, grapefruit, dark chocolate, Rooibos tea, hints of coffee beans and fresh espresso
- Taste:citrus fruits, oranges, lemon, drop of lime, whipped cream, dark chocolate filled with mint cream and coffee
- Finish: Warm and smooth
Dubliner Whiskey Beer Cask SeriesCoffee Stout Cask: Produced with bourbon casks, which were sent to Rascal’s Brewery and filled with beer and rested for around 3 months… The casks were then emptied and the whiskey cask matured beer was bottled. 3 yr Dubliner Whiskey was then filled into the cask and left to mature for 3 months.
Limited to 8000 bottles
You can buy a bottle for just €36.00.
Curious about more amazing online tastings? Visit The Whisky Wire for more information and sign up. And if you wish to read more about this tasting, visit Twitter and find the tweets of other participants who joined this wonderful tasting.
Powered by Facebook Comments