Thursday november 19. It’s very windy outside. But I am cozy inside my house and it is warm, lovely. Tonight was the night of the #CraigellachieTT a Twitter Tasting. Just came home for work, just on time for the start of something warm and cozy. So let’s go and enjoy this with me. I had a great time after a long day at work.
Craigellachie Distillery is located in the heart of Speyside overlooking the rivers Fiddich and the Spey. The distillery was built by Peter Mackie and Alexander Edward in 1891 and is one of few in Scotland to have retained ‘worm tubs’ to cool its spirit. Craigellachie is the only distillery to use malted barley from a particular kiln in Glenesk. Thank you Steve.
13 yr Craigellachie, 46%
- Color: Warm gold
- Nose: Fruity, sugar, bananas, tropical and even a bit salty. Reminds me of salty candy, sticky one. Green bananas not the ripe ones, and pears but also a lot of caramel, give me a warm feeling. Also smashed apple
- Taste: Honey, strong mango, very warm. Woody, strong at start, but softer by the second. Flowers, specially toffee, so different from the nose.
- Finish: Lovely warm and cozy
17 yr Craigellachie, 46%
- Color: Pale golden
- Nose: Vanilla, pear, ginger, raisins and bee wax, complexity of enjoyment. Cake covered with marzipan and a filling of red fruit, raisins and vanilla
- Taste: Sticky, oily at the same time. Very enjoyable & weird though. I get pears, warm soft toffee and sweetness. lemon, complexity of gingerbread, vanilla citrus, raisins and a bit of peat.
- Finish: Medium warm
19 yr Craigellachie, 46%
- Color: Lovely warm
- Nose: Flowers, mango, papaya red apple, and a bit or rubber or some kind, bit weird, aniseed.
- Taste: Tingling, warm, sea-salty, papaya and tropical smooth! Woeeeeeh, love the spices that are flowing.
- Finish: Lovely warm and tingling
21 yr Craigellachie, 57.2%
- Color: Lovely dark
- Nose: Fresh on the nose. Red Fruit, honey, licorice
- Taste: Licorice very nice, brings the fall into the home
- Finish: Fabulous finish and long
23 yr Craigellachie, 46%
- Color: Sunflower gold
- Nose: Cinnamon and custard, that was the first thing that came to mind. Menthol, tropical, caramel, honey, vanilla, sweetness
- Taste: Hints of menthol are coming up. But also banana, vanilla, oak, coconut.
- Finish: Tingling lovely and medium warm
Powered by Facebook Comments