It makes you feel like you are walking in the clouds, matured for a minimum of 6 years, this golden liquid makes you lively. You can’t always hyde, you have to experience …
- Karuizawa Distillers Inc, has been formed by Karuizawa hotel-owners and residents, husband and wife team, Koji and Yoshie Shimaoka
- Former Kavalan whisky-maker, Ian Chang joins Karuizawa Distillers, Inc. as vice president and master blender and distiller for the new Komoro Distillery
- The Komoro Distillery is due to commence construction in early 2021 and start distillation in Spring 2022
- The distillery, to be built at 910 metres above sea-level, at the base of Mount Asama, will be the highest distillery in Japan
The newly-formed Karuizawa Distillers Inc. (KDI)‘s aim is to make the best Japanese single malt whisky, in the most environmentally friendly way possible, whilst honouring and protecting the legacy of the Karuizawa name.
Another tweet tasting and a fabulous one I can say. When opening the parcel there was one thing ….. that caught my eye. The labels are just fantastic on these wee little sample bottles. Look at the details of The Flintlock Gun, the Hanson hat and the Gael bicycle. Just love it!
J.J. Corry, was originally a whiskey bonder from the 1890’s until his death in 1932. Whiskey bonding was once a very common practice all over Ireland… ..This practice completely died in Ireland due to the collapse of the Irish whiskey industry and the few remaining distilleries that were left in Ireland at in the early 20th century cut off the bonders and the last one to shut their doors was Mitchell and Sons. Continue reading
The excitement .. the news about a reunion in the Spot Family traveled fast. Next to the Green spot, Yellow spot and Red spot, a new arrival has been revealed, Blue spot. The fourth family member, welcomed with open arms and a warm heart.
With the most recent existing record of Blue Spot dating back to 1964, the launch will signal the end of a 56-year wait among the global whiskey community for the re-introduction of Blue Spot, reuniting the historic Spot Family for the first time in over half a century.
- Highly anticipated Blue Spot has been re-imagined at cask strength, paying homage to the bonding tradition from which it was born
- Launch marks the reuniting of the original Spot whiskey family for first time since 1960s
Mackmyra is now introducing a new limited edition in the exclusive Moment series; it is aimed at upcoming winter festivities and dinners. Moment Körsbärsrök (Cherry Smoke) is a sophisticated single malt whisky that has matured at Bodås Mine since being distilled at Mackmyra Bruk.
This whisky provides an elegant balance between spiciness, sweetness and smoke. It will be launched as a very limited edition that can be ordered from 11 November 2020.
Tomatin Distillery has today announced an exclusive online auction of rare whiskies, including a new fill Tomatin cask, hosted and supported by The Grand Whisky Auction, in support of its long-time charity partner, Maggie’s Highlands.
Tomatin is expecting to add a £10,000 donation to Maggie’s 2020 fund raising efforts with proceeds from the auction to bolster the charity’s cancer support network in the Highlands and Islands.
Rosebank Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky has announced the first in a series of annual, limited edition, releases – a 30 Year Old 1990 vintage, bottled un-chillfiltered at 48.6% ABV. To celebrate this year’s landmark launch, the distillery is giving a select number of customers the chance to “bank” a future expression of the rare liquid.
- The first in a series of annual limited-edition releases from Rosebank goes on sale, globally, this year
- A lucky few buyers will also get the chance to secure a free dram of next year’s release to enjoy at a luxury bar or retailer in 2021
- Video: The distillery invited some of the world’s top whisky writers to enjoy the very “First Sip” of this year’s release before anyone else
Hot on the heels of its recent Virgin Oak Series, The GlenAllachie Distillery is launching Batch 4 of its cask strength 10-year-old single malt, and releasing a third instalment of single cask bottlings, including a 31-year-old whisky (£530 RRP) matured in an Oloroso hogshead, exclusively for the UK.
The GlenAllachie 10 Years Old Cask Strength, Batch 4, follows in the footsteps of its predecessor Batch 3, which was awarded Best Scotch Speyside Single Malt at the World Whiskies Awards 2020.
A rare bottle of the world’s oldest whisky ever released by The Macallan – also believed to be the oldest whisky ever launched by a distillery – from the distillery’s “Red Collection”, is being auctioned by online whisky auction platform, Whisky Hammer. Whisky Hammer is the first dedicated online auction house in the world to offer a bottle of the 78-year old whisky, giving its members the unique opportunity to bid on this super rare single malt Scotch whisky.