Unfortunately I missed the Twitter Tasting of Teeling Whiskey, a while back. I found this very unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to this evening.
But I made a catch up in this. Introducing myself the new Teeling Irish Single Malt Whiskey, non chill filtered, 46%.
Since 1782 the Teeling family have been crafting Irish Whiskey. The Teelings are renowned for their vision in doing things differently and their Whiskeys embody this entrepreneurial spirit. Teeling Whiskey has a unique portfolio of Irish Whiskey unlike any other Irish whiskey brand.
This third release in the premium range of Teeling expressions completes their full range of non-aged Irish Whiskeys.
It was an evening, after a long day. A perfect time to sit, relax, put the feet on the table and enjoy this whiskey. It was staring at me for a while. Now it was time to open the bottle, spoil the nose and much, much more. I just had a piece of chocolate, pure (85%) and it was a perfect and seductive pairing with this Teeling. I felt a bit flirtatious after a bite and a sip.
- Color: Fine gold
- Nose: Caramel, dried fruit, vanilla, lemon, wet salt. toffee and chopped chocolate, smoky and a lot of mixed berries and a complexity of warm custardcake
- Taste: Dried fruit, green apple, raisins, lemon,lime and chopped banana. Complexity of toffee covered with warm chocolate and a hint of vanilla. Freshness on the inner cheek and a warm flow on the same time. warm custardcake with smashed fresh berries.
- Finish: Lovely warm and winterish.
I wish I could be there that night, everyone was enjoying. Now it was just me. But nevertheless, it’s nice to enjoy a whiskey on a evening after a day’s work. Please don’t use ice, a drop of water or any other liquid. It is perfectly fine, to pour the whiskey right out of the bottle into a clean glass.
A few facts:
- Made from 100% Malted Barley from a range of different ages including Malt whiskey distilled in 1991.
- Consists of a vatting of 5 different wine casks (Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy, Cabernet Sauvignon) finished Irish Malt whiskeys
- Like all the Teeling Whiskeys it is bottled at 46% with no chill filtration allowing for all the natural flavours of the whiskey to be retained
If you would like to know more about the thoughts other Teelingers had on this whiskey, you may find it on twitter: #TeelingWhiskey
Suggestions: Nothing, drink this whiskey pure to enjoy in full.
Grade: I give this whiskey an 8.5 out of 10.
Powered by Facebook Comments