The distilleries of Aberfeldy and Craigellachie, two highly-awarded Single Malt Scotch whiskies by Bacardi Limited, announced the U.S. launch of their Exceptional Cask Series, an annual release of five extraordinary expressions, that will be making its stateside debut this November.
The Exceptional Cask Series consists of exceedingly rare single cask and double cask bottlings, each of which washand-selected by esteemed Malt Master Stephanie Macleod for its remarkable qualities. Once gone, these bottlings will not be replenished, providing consumers with a once-in-a-lifetime sipping experience.Featuring some of the finest and most delectable single malt expressions from Aberfeldy and Craigellachie, the Exceptional Cask Series is the product of meticulous assessment and flavor augmentation developed by Macleod.
Every now and then, Macleod discovers a cask so flavorsome and brimming with distillery character that she deems the whisky to be an Exceptional Cask.
“The Exceptional Cask Series is an opportunity for our malt appreciators to experience new, exciting facets of the typical distillery character,” said Stephanie Macleod, Malt Master. “Each expression in this series elevates a particular aspect of the liquid’s flavor profiling, adding character that one may not immediately recognize. You can’t tell the quality of a cask just by looking at it. You have to open it up and sample it, and what a joy it is to discover an expression that goes on to be exceptional.”
Only five age statements will be released in this year’s collection, with all bottlings numbered and available in very limited numbers due to the scarcity of these whiskies.
- Aberfeldy 18 yr old Double Cask: Finished in Sherry casks, this single malt is sweet and spicy, with notes of salted caramel and dark chocolate that are heightened with marmalade, almonds and honey. 53.8% ABV, 750ml, $199.99.
- Aberfeldy 19 yr old Single Cask: Matured in first fill Sherry Butt casks, this single malt delivers intense notes of concentrated fruits and mixed spice, luscious in texture with a long, satisfying finish. 56.6% ABV, 750ml, $199.99.
- Aberfeldy 24 yr old Single Cask: Matured in first fill Sherry Butt casks, this single malt brings savoury and subtle herbaland spice notes, which develops to be slightly smoky. 53.9% ABV, 750ml, $299.99.
- Craigellachie 19 yr old Single Cask: Smooth with subtle spice, liquorice and ripening pineapple, this single malt was matured in second fill Sherry Butt casks and is cloaked in creamy vanilla and malty sweetness. 55.2% ABV, 750ml, $199.99.
- Craigellachie 23 yr old Single Cask: Matured in first fill Oloroso Sherry casks, this single malts is a supple, luscious dram that delivers pineapple studded notes with cloves, dusted with cinnamon and baked on the barbeque. 57.5% ABV, 750ml, $299.99.
As the Scotch category continues to see growth on a global scale, whisky appreciators are seeking new age statements and innovative barrel finishes as they begin to learn more about the Scotch-making process,” says Judd Zusel,Vice President & General Manager of Incubation Brands at Bacardi Global Brands.
“Bacardi continues to push the boundaries of the Scotch category by introducing new, one-of-a-kind expressions, such as the Exceptional Cask Series, both nationally and globally.”
The Exceptional Cask Series will be available at select liquor stores in key markets across the U.S., including California, Chicago, Florida, New York , and Texas.For more information, please follow Aberfeldy and Craigellachie on Instagram.
Powered by Facebook Comments