On the night of 20 november 2013, a bunch of people were enjoying a twitter tasting from Abbey Whisky. And I was one of them to join #abbeywhisky online.
The Bunnahabhain 23yr is one I had before. I wonder what my nose and tongue feel about this beauty now. Will the Bunnahabhain 23yr stay on number 1?
- Color: lovely
- Nose: Vanilla, pepper, tropical fruit, papaya, pineapple, lemon, banana, a lot is happening
- Taste: Strong, warm, dried fruit, oily, sticky on the cheeks, brown sugar, banana, the lemon, honey, smashed pineapple and creamy.
- Finish: Nice medium warm with heat hints
I tried this beauty with a drop of water, lovely. But I prefer this whisky 57.8% just pure! It makes my tongue more tingling.
Caperdonich 17 Year Old – Region: Speyside – Cask Type: Refill Bourbon – Vintage: 1995 – Bottled: 2012.
- Color: Middle light gold
- Nose: Pepperish, peaty, sweetness, fruity, creamy, very complex with lemons and salt, cinnamon, wild flowers, breakfast cereal, pears and leather
- Taste: warm, oily, cinnamon, lemon, banana, toffee, coffee chocolate. A Lot is happening, just like on the nose,Tangerine, fresh cut red grapefruit and Jelly Beans.
- Finish: Medium, warm, tingling and sweet
This whisky taste just like a mouth full of Jelly Beans with all kinds of different flavors … I know why I gave this an 8.5 once, because of it’s amazing character. With a drop of water it brings light.
Region: Islay – Cask Type: Refill Bourbon – Vintage: 1989 – Bottled: 2013
Ben Nevis 16yr
- Color: Dark Amber Gold
- Nose: Vanilla, parsley, basil, red apples, wet wood, sandy rocks, peaty, sawdust, old lipstick, cinnamon, citrus fruit, mandarin, plum stone, caramel and cherries
- Taste: Spicy, oily sticky, coriander, sweet, malty, cherrie, vanilla, basil and the dried fruit. Very complex.
- Finish: Medium warm, mellow and waiting for christmas.
With just a drop of water a nice chocolate flavor will appear. Lovely
Region: Highlands – Cask Type: Oloroso Sherry Hogshead – Vintage: 1997 – Bottled: 2013.
Mystery Finale “GlenDronach 1993”
- Color: Dark gold
- Nose: Sweet spicy, caramel, syrup, fruit like red berries, strawberries, dark fruit sharp on the nose and traces of sultana’s
- Taste: Chocolate, nutty, caramel, spicy, very nice.
- Finish: lovely caramelish warmth coming at you
This mysterious dram is the GlenDronach 1993 and this one really surprised me! Lovely.Just lost it and I blame bite of the apple turnover. The aroma is smoother with a drop of water.
GlenDronach 1993 – Region: Speyside – Cask Type: Oloroso Sherry Butt – Vintage: 1993 – Bottled: 2013. This is exclusively available to Abbey Whisky
I had an amazing evening with everyone else who joined. We all had the pleasure to nose and taste a great range of whisky. My nose and tongue are one happy couple. My favorite you from the evening you ask? That’s the Ben Nevis 16yr. It beats the Bunnahabhain 23yr.
Powered by Facebook Comments