An evening with remarkable whiskies. That Boutique-y Whisky Company is an independent bottler which offers stunning whiskies from world-renowned brands and distilleries. This evening I had the pleasure to try 5 of them, online with other whisky enthusiasts. The foreplay towards this evening was tough, very tough.
This was an amazing evening and with great hosts. As ever, we all had a lot of fun while nosing and tasting the fantastic five.
For every whisky, there was a matching card. I just love the style of these cards, the drawings and the way they are designed. This is like a line of the brand, all is well thought off and well combined. Hard not to love.
Loch Lomond 19 yr (49,7%)
- Color: Pale straw
- Nose: Lovely sweet, coconut, mango, ice-cream, fudge, honey and pineapple for sure
- Taste: warm, tingling, home made cake, chocolate and custard, caramel, honey, chocolate, milky and spicy
- Finish: Spicy and lingering, fabulous. Different than the nose did predict
(limited to just 267 bottles)
Secret Distillery 15 yr (Glenmorangie) (51%)
- Color: Polished mahogany
- Nose: Cinnamon, cacao, chocolate, red fruit, raspberry for sure and a complexity of poached pears
- Taste: Red fruit, anise an explosion, right in my mouth! Marzipan, summer, cinnamon, fennel
- Finish: Lovely, warm
(limited to just 124 bottles)
This was the first secret dram. There were hints to find out the matching distillery. I thought this would be one from Edradour, looking at the polished mahogany color. But no, this whisky was a beauty from Glenmorangie, lovely.
Mortlach 18 yr (48,9%)
- Color: Pale gold
- Nose: Caramel, sweet, salty chips, candy, stewed apples, strawberries, lychees and very salty on the nose
- Taste: Salty, chocolate, creamy, spicy, salty, stewed apples and raspberry
- Finish: Lovely and smooth
(limited to just 363 bottles)
Glenrothes 25 yr (49,7%)
- Color: Pale gold
- Nose: Tropical, pear, sweetness, coconut juice, pineapple
- Taste: Citrus, mandarin, honey, floral, roses, coconut, mango, tropical hints, raspberry, peach, complexity of fresh and sweet macaroon’s.
- Finish: Fruity and strong
(limited to just 139 bottles)
Irish Single Malt 24 yr (Midleton) (46,8%)
- Color: Corn gold
- Nose: Peach, ripe apple, smashed banana, citrus and strong
- Taste: Lemon, lime, plums, mandarin, warmth, papaya, kiwi,very tropical, sugar, cinnamon, tropical banana and very rich with peach, grapefruit and citrus
- Finish:Lovely and stunning
(limited to just 264 bottles)
This was the second secret dram, and an Irish one too and I do love Irish Whiskey. This is a lovely one, like written on one of the cards that came with the parcel. It was a hard one, also distracted by other tweeters, but Midleton was the lucky whiskey and the one that completed this evening.
Suggestion for all: No water needed, straight from the bottle in the glass.
Powered by Facebook Comments